A Multiple Intelligence Lifestyle

Exposure Blossoms Curiosity,Curiosity Blossoms Exposure

Thursday, March 3, 2011

FREE Gardening classes in Portland Metro Area

My sister just sent me this info & I just have to pass it along! I am a garden enthusiast that finally has a yard :) Last year I discovered how much work REALLY goes into planning and maintaining a healthy garden. I came to the conclusion, I don't know much and want to know more!! One thing I've learned is a healthy harvest starts with early preparation! I'm definitely going to the raised bed class...my #1 goal for this year is build a raised bed.




Hosted by the Oregon Master Gardener and in cooperation with OSU Extension Service Master Gardener Program


Garden Discovery Day


The Fun of Know, Sow, Grow


March 12, 9 a.m. – Noon, Milwaukie Center
5440 SE Kellogg Creek Dr. Milwaukie, OR
Tell your friends and neighbors about
the 2nd annual Garden Discovery Day. We
offer nine classes on gardening, one-on-one
advice at a gardening clinic, soil pH testing,
children’s activities, and additional informa-
tion through displays and handouts. The
class schedule is as follows:


Main Stage
9:00 All About Compost: Make & Use
Garden Compost; Start a Worm Bin
10:00 Organic Gardening
11:00 Year-Round Vegetable Gardening


Second Stage
9:00 Growing Edibles in Early Spring
9:30 Growing Blueberries
10:00 Growing Edibles in Containers
10:30 Growing Plants in Raised Beds
11:00 Growing Herbs
11:30 Growing Leafy Greens


~Maybe I'll see you there,
M.I. MaMa

No comments:

Post a Comment